Wednesday, September 14, 2011

On the Road Again

Off to St. Louis for Bouchercon today. It'll be the first time in over five years that I will once again make the five and half hour trip in a car by myself. Considering I never drive on a daily basis this ought to be a true adventure. That added to the fact that I have zero tolerance for reckless driving ought to make for a riveting driving experience. Maybe I should pop a couple of Xanax before I get in the rental car. Wish me luck.

I'll be bringing the laptop along and updating my visit. I'm looking forward to finally putting faces to the names of all the bloggers and readers I've met since the start of this year. Maybe I'll even post some photos of me and the people I meet. But don't get your hopes up.

3 comments:

  1. "Better driving with Xanax" new motto for going out on the highways & byways.

    Seriously, though, John, I hope you have a very safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, John. Have a great trip you lucky thing you. I'd love to have been able to attend. I've only ever been once - in Las Vegas many years ago.

    Fun but stressful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let the big trucks blow you off, man. Have a great time, send a postcard. (Whoa, how old fashioned is that?) :-) Wish I was going.

    ReplyDelete