Saturday, October 15, 2016

COVERING THEIR TRACKS: "Sherlock Holmes" - Sparks

Fog matters to you and me, but it can't touch Sherlock Holmes

This song has been covered a couple times by other minor indie rock groups, but the original by 80s new wave group Sparks is still the best. Loads of YouTube videos use this song mostly showing stills and video clips of Cumberbatch. Pass on all of those. I'm going with this well done video showing good ol' stalwart Holmes actor Basil Rathbone in a series of scenes from his movies.

Enjoy!


Spend the night with Sherlock Holmes
Hold me tight like Sherlock Holmes
Just pretend I'm Sherlock Holmes


Written by Ronald D Mael, Russell Craig Mael •  ©1982, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Imagem Music Inc

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So had I. We played some of their records on our college radio station way back when. Fun to re-discover this 80s music that I lived for back in those days. I guess it's still some of my favorite music being so engrained in my memory and worldview.

      Delete